- Greet guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas
- Provide guests with menus
- Assign patrons to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seatings
- Inform guests of who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff
- Manage the flow of guests into the dining and bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming guests if appropriate
- Alert service staff of any reservation notes such as a celebration, food allergy, etc.
- Assist in bussing and cleaning of glassware during downtime
- Help all guests with any current or upcoming reservation needs
- Answer the phone in compliance to Republic Chophouse Handbook
- Previous restaurant hosting or serving experience preferred
- Friendly and customer-focused personality
- Ability to articulate clear greetings and farewells to guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
- Ability to clearly communicate guests’ needs to Servers, Bussers, Managers, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate on the telephone
- Must be able to carry trays or supplies (10-30 lbs.)
- Exceptional grooming habits
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We value integrity, honesty, passion, and drive. Our employees are our most valuable resource, and we look forward to the opportunity to work with you!
We offer competitive wages, growth opportunities, 401K, health benefits, and much more in a safe, clean, harmonious work environment. We want you to enjoy your time here and are 100% committed to helping you succeed in your new employment!
Our purpose is to build your skillsets, your knowledge and your capabilities – giving you the confidence and support you need to thrive with us and your future employers.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)